Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Catching My Breath

The last week or so has been busier than usual, what with the end of the semester here at GTL, the big multiparty proposal to finish up, mentoring a Ph.D. student who's wrapping up his dissertation, accompanying Susie's mother and step-father to Paris to take their plane home, and moving out of our apartment in Metz. Coming up we have a trip to Malta at the end of the week so I can present a paper at an LREC workshop on multimodal corpora, then a couple of weeks of travel in France while I catch up on writing some articles. We'll make a quick stopover in Metz to collect our things, then return home in mid-June. Actually, the day after we get back to El Paso, I catch a plane to Eugene, Oregon, to speak at commencement of the Computer Science Department at the University of Oregon.

While Susie and I were in Paris, we walked across many neighborhoods. In coming days, I'll report on our jaunts. I'll also be writing a little more about the Ferme de Haut-Bevoye, about chapels on hills, and the opening of the Centre Pompidou-Metz.

No comments:

Post a Comment